During the month of August, at several locations throught Hampton Roads drop-off barrels and boxes are vailable for the community to donate new school supplies to be distributed by The Salvation Army in the final weeks before school begins.
Pertinent information can be found below or by calling 757-543-8100 x556.
August 29-31, 2012 – 9 AM to 3 PM
Families with children in grades K-12 may apply for this program and to receive school supplies.
Applications for the program are filled out by a social service worker or volunteer at The Salvation Army’s Corps Community Center during distribution dates only.
How to Apply:
Upon arriving at the distribution site, clients will be seen by a case manager to determine eligibility.Â Eligible clients will be served on site.
- Picture ID for head of household (applicant).
- Proof of address (lease/mortgage statement or two household bills).
- Birth Certificates (to determine age) for children in grades K-12.
- Proof of TANF or Food Stamps for household.
- If there is no household TANF or Food Stamps please bring proof of all household income to include; employment income, unemployment income, child support, disability, retirement, vet benefits, etc.